Jo Owen is the current CIO of Cripps LLP. Jo has been working within technology in the legal sector for two decades, during which time she has developed a reputation for driving change and innovation. We met with Jo to learn about:
- The smartest short term applications of new technology such as robotics and AI.
- The importance of the language used when positioning new technology to lawyers.
- The key traits of a great CIO in the current legal market.
- The increasing need for Managing Partners to have a strong grasp of technology.
Watch the full interview here:
1) How involved would you expect your CEO to be in your technology strategy?
2) Have you encountered any cultural challenges when approaching digital transformation?
3) How much success have you seen so far with Artificial Intelligence and Robotics?
4) How do you drive innovation without adversely impacting day to day operations?
5) What traits would you consider are essential for a CIO within the legal sector?
6) Is the legal industry doing enough to attract females into tech based roles?
7) How important is it to align digital transformation programmes to the direction of the overall business?
8) How important will it be for a Managing Partner to have a strong grasp of technology in law firms of the future?
9) What are the core principles behind driving any successful transformation?
10) Do you think there is enough collaboration between law firms from a technology point of view?
11) How can leaders of law firms strike the balance between being taking risks and protecting their existing brands?